- app-admin/sudo gives user elevated privileges.
- app-admin/doas allows you to run commands as super user or another user, alternative to sudo from OpenBSD.
- app-portage/gentoolkit is a collection of administration scripts for Gentoo.
- www-client/qutebrowser is a keyboard-driven, vim-like browser.
- dev-vcs/git stupid content tracker: distributed VCS designed for speed and efficiency.
- net-misc/curl a client that groks URLs.
- net-misc/wget network utility to retrieve files from the WWW.
- app-misc/neofetch simple information system script.
- app-admin/syslog-ng syslog replacement with advanced filtering features.
- app-admin/logrotate rotates, compresses, and mails system logs.
- sys-process/cronie cronie is a standard UNIX daemon cron based on the original vixie-cron.
- sys-apps/mlocate is an utility to index and quickly search for files.
- sys-boot/grub:2 is GNU GRUB boot loader.
- dev-util/ccache helps avoid repeated recompilation for the same C and C++ object files by fetching result from a cache directory.
- net-misc/dhcp is a DHCP (ISC Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) client/server.
- net-misc/networkmanager a set of co-operative tools that make networking simple and straightforward.
- media-sound/alsa-utils is Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Utils (alsactl, alsamixer, etc.)
- app-portage/cpuid2cpuflags is a tool to guess CPU_FLAGS_* flags for the host.
- sys-apps/pciutils consists of various utilities dealing with the PCI bus.
- sys-apps/usbutils consists of USB enumeration utilities.
- sys-apps/lm-sensors consists of hardware Monitoring user-space utilities.
- sys-power/acpilight is a replacement for xbacklight that uses the ACPI interface to set brightness.
- x11-libs/libXinerama is required for the compilation of some programs.
- x11-libs/libXrandr is required for the compilation of some programs.
- x11-misc/arandr is a UI for screen adjustment.
- dev-util/meld is a graphical diff and merge tool.
- sys-kernel/gentoo-sources is the Full set of sources including the Gentoo patchset for the 5.6 kernel tree.
- sys-kernel/linux-firmware is Linux firmware files.
- app-arch/lzop is neeeded för the hardened kernel config.
- app-arch/lz4 is neeeded för the hardened kernel config.
Packages used in scrips.
- x11-apps/setxkbmap allows GLARBS’s unique keyboard bindings.
- x11-apps/xmodmap allows GLARBS’s unique keyboard bindings.
- x11-apps/xset allows speeding up the X rate.
Packages used in scrips by dwmblocks.
- app-office/calcurse is a lightweight terminal-based calendar.
- net-p2p/transmission is a fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client.
- net-p2p/tremc is the ncurses interface for the Transmission BitTorrent client.
- media-fonts/joypixels is an emoji font. (GLARBS overlay)
- app-shells/zsh is a UNIX Shell similar to the Korn shell.
- app-shells/zsh-completions adds additional completion definitions for Zsh.
- app-shells/gentoo-zsh-completions adds Gentoo specific zsh completion support (includes emerge and ebuild commands).
- app-portage/layman is a tool to manage Gentoo overlays.
- x11-apps/mesa-progs is a Mesa’s OpenGL utility and demo programs (glxgears and glxinfo) used by Nvidia.
- x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers is NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver (proprietary driver).
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-nouveau is Nouveau is the open source driver for NVIDIA graphic cards.
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel is Intel video drivers.
Virtualbox Gentoo host
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-vboxvideo is VirtualBox guest video driver.
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-vmware is VMware SVGA video driver.
Virtualbox Gentoo guest
- app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions is VirtualBox kernel modules and user-space tools for Gentoo guests.